GSI’s factory sealed duct and fittings provide a unique solution for one of the industry’s most common jobsite injuries.
Out of 4,779 worker fatalities in private industry in calendar year 2018, 21.1% were in construction — or one in five worker deaths. Most companies in the construction industry consider safety as one of the highest priorities. Any disruption to a productive workforce – not to mention the physical and financial burden placed on the injured party, slows down the job and costs money. Efforts are always being made to reduce accidents and injuries and no one likes to read bad headlines, but more can always be done.
Here are the facts:
- Falls were the leading causes of worker deaths in construction (excluding highway collisions)
- Falls accounted for roughly 33% of the reported fatalities in 2018.
- Ladder related violations were the sixth most cited offence according to OSHA
- The estimated annual cost of ladder related injuries is $24 billion, according to the CDC
What can be done to reduce these numbers going forward? The SMART Union addresses this; and offers the following statement about safety on their website, “SMART has no higher priority… than ensuring our members go home to their families in one piece.” Leading industry experts agree, anytime an installer is on a ladder it creates the potential for injury. Reducing the amount of time the installer is off the ground and in an unsafe position is the goal of safety managers and owners alike.
GreenSeam® Plus (GSP) snap lock pipe and fittings are a set of invaluable tools for reducing injury risk and increasing jobsite safety. GreenSeam Plus yellow labeled, factory sealed snap lock pipe intrinsically plays a large role in Contractors “Accident Prevention – Safety programs”. With GSP the transverse and longitudinal seams are pre-sealed, eliminating the need to manually seal the seam while installing. This innovation results in considerably less ladder time for your installers thereby reducing injury risk and increasing jobsite safety. Safety first starts with GreenSeam Plus.
There is more good news for you about GreenSeam:
- HIGHEST QUALITY: meets or exceeds SMACNA Class 3 & ASHRAE requirements, is approved by Building Inspectors and the preferred solution for many Mechanical Engineers.
- FASTEST AND LEAST EXPENSIVE TO INSTALL: Helps you meet your deadlines. Please see our Savings Calculator where we “show you not just tell you” about the cost and time savings.
The most valuable tool on the job is a highly skilled, trained, and productive workforce. Protecting that workforce by any means should be the highest priority – With GreenSeam you get the job done SAFER, FASTER, AND AT A LOWER COST!